Really Whitey Tighties and Scary Bunnies
Guess I should have been giving updates on the job thing. I spent the last 2 months consulting at a sound editing equipment company called Digidesign in Daly City as Interim Controller. They offered me the job full time but in the meantime, I continued to interview for full time gigs and tomorrow I start a new job at Clorox Corporation in Oakland. I am excited about this especially becoming a regular BART commuter. I've always had that overly romanticized vision of taking the train to work and now it will be reality. The acquisition of Gillette by Procter and Gamble has a lot of people speculating that other consumer goods companies (like Clorox) could be acquisition targets. That has me leery because my last two jobs ended when the companies were acquired. The modern workplace - zero job security.
I skipped the Super Bowl and rented Donnie Darko instead. This tale of time travel and a scary bunny consistently appears on favorite lists on all the social networking websites like Friendster. It's still sinking in, but so far I just don't get the passion people have for the film. I find Jake Gyllenhall only marginally dreamy.
1 comment:
Haven't seen Donnie Darko, yet (gotta check Netflix; think it's in the queue), but have loved Jake G. in other stuff. Somehow, the brooding, hurt-puppy thing is working for me (apologies to the Mister). Have you seen "The Good Girl"? Actually a good movie, despite what one might expect if prone to an instant anti-Friends reaction (it also stars J. Aniston). Haven't seen "day after tomorrow" myself; I was disaster resistant at the time, I guess. But any movie in which Dennis Quaid plays the daddy of a hottie, well, the images are base, yet intriguing. And of course, who isn't waiting for the two gay cowboys movie?
Post a Comment