Writers with Drinks
Last night, Dean, Barry and I ventured down to the Make-Out Room to check out Writers with Drinks, the Guardian's best literary night two years running (writerswithdrinks.com) . The evening is hosted by Charlie Anders, a transgendered woman full of spit and vinegar. Charlie was the author of one of my alltime favorite Guardian articles, Cross Dress for Less, and was a lot of fun:
http://www.sfbg.com/SFLife/34/31/lead.html
We stayed for an hour before rushing off to our reservations at the fine Blue Plate. The couple of storytellers we heard were wonderful and charming. This type of salon is exactly why we live here. I can't wait to go back so watch the website for future dates and join me soon!
1 comment:
SA-lon. Such a Gregorio word. SA-lon (said with all the frenchie-ness you can muster). Do you remember the origin, Greg? I don't.
Sounds fab. Wish we had such a place.
Post a Comment