somehow ...
the bushie campaign sent a letter here asking for money.
Now, really. I mean, c'mon.
So, this is the letter I am sending in their handy, postage-paid return envelope:
Dearest Bush-Cheney ’04, Inc. types,
I cannot imagine who among your vast, overeducated, yet clueless—on so many levels—staff thought that even one copper cent could be squeezed out of this household to further your campaign, but whoever he or she is, well, that person is mistaken.
Former President Clinton was impeached for lying about a stupid, tawdry affair. Big deal. The sitting president, however, lied about non-existent weapons to excuse invading another nation, starting a war that he is prosecuting poorly. For this crime against our nation, nothing. And he continues to lie that he didn’t lie.
No, not a penny will you see from this home. Instead, I would like my money back. Yes, that’s a good idea. The money I have paid in taxes—willingly, for I believe we must all contribute to the nation as we can—I want it back, for the services rendered have been inadequate. Even Kmart has a money-back guarantee.
I will invest said funds in moveon.org or similar campaigns to recall this embarrassment from office, to elect a better voice—anyone else, really. Anyone with integrity.
So please check on the income taxes I have paid since the Bush-Cheney team stole into town and send the money to the above address. Better yet, please send it to the families of the servicemen and servicewomen who have lost their father, mother, husband, wife, sister or brother because of this lie of a war.
P.S. I am quite grateful for the postage-paid return envelope, for I certainly enjoy the poetry of costing the campaign another 37 cents.
feel free to use any parts in your own letters, e-mails, etc.
I'll let you know if I hear back.
keep up the good fight, duckies!
No comments:
Post a Comment