Bitch Stole My Man!
A few weeks back, Moneka and I were having drinks and dinner at Medjool, the newish fabulous cafe/restaurant/hostel. Total girl place. SF needs more of those. We were sampling the prawns with tomato jam and sipping a nice Spanish blend when she asks me if I have heard from my ex, Joe, in a while. I explained that we don't talk often (his choice) and never more than pleasantries. He's dating Ron Albucher she explained. Dumbstruck moment. Moment passes. Next moment: Indignation about learning this from Moneka over North African tapas follwed by the realization that I couldn't think of a better way to find out.
Since then I mentioned to Ron that I know and he seemed relieved that this was out on the table. This explains why he behaved so oddly when I first approached him a few weeks back and offered to show him around town. I feel like I am supposed to have some kind of reaction like in the title of this post, but,in fact, I have had zero reaction. This may be the ultimate test of having truly moved on. I suppose I should wish them well to demonstrate how "healthy" I am but I'm honestly not really feeling that much either. I do "get" them as a couple - they have some interesting stuff in common.
Surely Simone has an opinion about this turn of events.
2 comments:
Here's what Simone would say:
"Golda (Ron) is trash, I tell you, trash!"
One can always count on Simone as the gold standard of truth telling.
Post a Comment