Thursday, January 15, 2004

Dishing Marriage

Thanks for the update and the compliment, Joe!

Regarding Kevin and Ron's divorce, honey, I would have saved the receipts for those shower gifts so count me as shocked that it lasted this long. All that education in pysychology doesn't seem to have helped Ron. Alas, now Daddy will have some single playthings to go with his drama.

Britney's marriage is surely a sign that her "Accelerated Madonna Marketing" Plan is a failure. I predict Mariah Carey style notoriety by end of year. Two words, Britney: It's Over. Meanwhile, Justin's CD is fab.

A friend at the gym said he was especially angry with the Britney wedding because it "made a mockery of the very institution that we are trying so hard to earn the rights to". I replied: " Oh Mary, come down from your pulpit and have a cocktail, that's just putting entirely too much thought into this gossamer charade."

Gay Marriage....support it or not, it's time to bone up on the issue and get ready for it to be a decisive election issue. In recent weeks, I have begun to suspect that the Republicans actually like Howard Dean on the demo ticket because they consider him beatable. For that reason, I am increasingly hoping for a Wesley Clark/John Edwards ticket. We shall see.





No comments: