Wednesday, January 28, 2004

oh, what I meant to say, was ...

David! Welcome!

In other news, last night I was laughing maniacally at the predicted high temperature in Minneapolis for today: 5 (that's not Celsius.
So today, the Fates have punished me. The high here is 10.
Well, at least it's double digits.

I would post about more interesting things than the weather except that I am not doing that much interesting. Tomorrow, going to a tasting of Aussie wines.
Oh, here's a bit of something: tasted sauted veal kidneys over grilled arctic char (an ocean fish) today in the test kitchen. The recipe is for an upcoming article on offal, basically eating everything on a animal from snout to tail. Contemplating tasting this dish was the grossest thing I've had to do so far in this job. But, that's what I'm paid for, eh? And after building it up in my head, preparing for that faintly uric aroma and taste, I found the kidneys ... not bad. Not bad at all. I did not have to spit into my waiting napkin (in 6 months I have only spit out one thing: cold Brussels sprout salad) and I actually had seconds. It was a lot like liver.
To finish off the tasting, I had a thin slice of lovely chocolate cake.

No comments: