Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Happy New Year

The holidays have passed and it is time for the brutal reality of January. It seems harder each year not to use the conventions of the calendar to evaluate the past 12 months of life and to look forward to the next twelve. I have not focused too much on resolutions yet with uncertainty surrounding work providing a great excuse not to think too far ahead. In the meantime, I just continue to try to enjoy each day.

JB and I spent New Year’s in Tahoe. We had a fun time. We went to Squaw Valley on New Year’s Day in blizzard conditions. I finally stopped snowboarding at about 2pm when I could hear dynamite exploding at the top of the mountain for avalanche control. Don’t you just know I scooted down the mountain and into the lodge for a nice warm cocktail with the well-heeled, smartly geared crowd.

I hope everybody had a great holiday season and look forward to plenty of fun in 2004.

No comments: